Thanks for the info and "good" advice!
the car, now in 3rd gear 1/8 mile right at 6000 rpm's
I can live with that.
The day was real poor for trying to tune or even race a car due to rain and cool wind. The car didn't come close to the 6.27 it ran a few weeks ago but everyone was having a drop in ET.
I think the 63 was worse running 6.50s and only seeing 106 mph. The launch seemed a lot harder from where I was sitting. but the 60' was 1.45's and some one said I looked like I was spinning after the launch. I walked the track between rounds and it was not sticky at all past the launch area.
It was surly one of those days, after the first time trial I discovered both relays to the cooling fan and water pump were fried. Luckily I had a couple in the trailer to take car of that.
I do need to find some for the 16 volt system.
The Lube Tube oil accumulator decided not to hold pressure, I discovered the electric valve/switch is not holding the oil in the tube once shut off. That was a new switch not too long ago. I am tempted to install a manual valve and install a cable to operate it from the driver's seat, unless anyone knows of a good electric switch to get?
I was launching the car first @ 4500 brake with the throttle enhancer at around 2500 as I was doing in the past, then changed the chip to 3800 on the trans brake. That really didn't seem to make any difference.
The converter flashes @ 5000.
shifting at 6700 rpm peak HP is 6700 to 6800.
Won a round then it really started to rain had to wait a couple hours then broke out in the 2nd round with a 6.547 on a 6.55
the Trans is fixed now I just need to figure out how to set the car up to get my 60' times back or it could have been more the weather than anything.
If we don't gt rained out tomorrow I'm going to give it another go.