Quote:

Quote:

I have on the shelf an old unused 383/440 Magnum cam package and a Comp XE268H, but I would had liked to test something not so typical cam choice as those are. I always target at a rebuild for a little better performance

I am having for the 383 Magnum KB 400 pistons with 10:1 CR, othervise the engine is having pure stock parts, cast iron manifolds, points distributor, stock 383-4 Holley carb, etc. Heads redone 3 angle valve job, "Hemi" valve springs. That Challenger has A/C and PDB, so I would need some vacuum for the brake booster and some torque on the idle for smoothly running the A/C compressor.

This topic really has raised up a freshing discussion about the tailor made 6-pack cam Bob has developed and is selling, but the most important question for me is, is it the right choice for my 383 Magnum rebuild?

Basicly a same cam that works well in a bigger displacement engine, may not be the perfect choice for an engine with smaller bore and less stroke.

Above are my engine's specs and in the driveline I have 383-4 stock 11" converter and 3.23 gears. Weight of the car is about 3900 lbs with driver. Car will be used mainly for cruising, but perhaps sometimes for stop light races too, if some ricers are coming to challenge the Challenger and starts burning tires beside.

So what would be YOUR recommendation, what cam to use in this 383 Magnum? Give your vote!

One thing you are overlooking is the factory put the same spec cam in the 383 RR engine as they did in the 440HP and the 6pk in 1969 ...

Is the shortblock already built ? If not I would get the Speed Pro 2315 flat top , put them -.002 to zero , cut the heads to 80 cc and you will have your 10.0 spec 383 build .

Last edited by JohnRR; 04/04/11 07:00 PM.