Quote:

I wanted a stock appearing 440 magnum style engine with stockish intake and exhaust manifolds without having to sacrifice decent performance. I played the aftermarket cam crap shoot game and decided on Bob's cam after talking to him on the phone, factoring in his known engine build/car build specs, and his E.T.s.

According to published numbers provided by Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race , the race weight of Bob's A12 Super Bee is 3755lbs, in which they factor 441 Rear Wheel Horsepower given his E.T.s

Bob’s best E.T. to date was 12.09 seconds in the quarter @ 114 mph.

Bob’s known engine/car build on race day:

* 440 bored .060 over (453ci.)

* Venolia NHRA approved stock replacement pistons

* Mr. SixPack Camshaft

* Six Pack induction (975cfm actual)

* HP exhaust manifolds

* Factory dual point distributor

* Stock 906 heads with stock valve sizes (no porting allowed)

* Stock stamped steel HD rocker arms

* Milled heads - deck height of .027 gives him exactly 11:1 compression.

* Carter mechanical pump (M6903)

* Stock 12" Torque converter

* 4.10:1 Dana 60

* Duel exhaust with H-pipe and Dynomax Ultra Flo mufflers

* Reproduction bias-ply red line tires on stock 15-inch wheels.

So for me, the proof is in the pudding and I don't mind not knowing actual cam specs, only that it seems to work really well. I also know that after the sale Bob will help me dial everything in over the phone and e-mail because that's the type of guy he is.

I understand people wanting cam specs and dyno tests, but for me the proof is definitely in the pudding; to the best of my knowledge ALL of the top contending PSMCDR 440-6's run Bob's cam.

With Bob's help, I have virtually duplicated his entire engine build down to carb setup, timing, etc. I have no illusions of being able to match his results but what a place to start!! Great guy.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]