Quote:

whats the thoughts on adding cross bolt main??? i saw the post that josh had a few days ago where they had put them in...i have a set now..mike

I'll give you my  on using a cross bolt main in a non crossbolt block The reasons being that you have to drill through the main webs to make the holes for the cross bolts which ends up weaking the block, NOT GOOD If you look at the other blocks(426 hemi and Ford 427 FE blocks) that use cross bolt mains instead of the conventional additional two bolts into the main webs you will see that the crossbolt blocks have bosses cast into the block for stengthening that are machined to accept the crossbolt main caps with a interference fit to help disapate vibrations and hold that main cap in place. The other thing I keep in mind when looking a patching a problem with blocks is where is the block failing, in the RB motors, 440, 426W and 413 blocks they crack above the mains into the bottoms of the cylinders, not in the webbing going to the oil pan rails The webbing cast into the blocks to the oil pan rails are stiffeners design to add strength to the main web, drilling a hole through them will take away materails which will only create stresss risers and weaken the main webs Don't do it

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)