Quote:

There was a guy on a few weeks ago that built a bracket stroker that had a really conservative cam in it, but it was going in a light car and it was going to be both quick and consistent, it was an interesting read and to me what he was doing made perfct sense and it goes back to my early day of bracket racing (when i had time and resources to go every week-end). The guys that always went to the money rounds week after week always seemed to have very basic combos (like 468 chevies and under carbed 340's) that were just dead-nuts reliable and eerily consistent; to a man each one of them said to go rounds you want to build the motor to about 90% of it's potential, keep the revs down and focus on the chassis tuning and cutting lights, don't chase that last .01 of et, I always thought it was really good advice. Keep it in the sweet spot where it's consistent, reliable and easy on parts.

I always applied that in a practical sense that once you get past that 90-ish percent level, the incremental gains are smaller and also A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE, plus you supersize it by pushing your whole investment harder, for some that's the dream and ambition and that's great and more power to them, but sometimes it's just as easy to cut the car weight down and go just as fast while still keeping the motor (usually the biggest $$$ investment) on the safe side of the redline.

The original question was "how do you like to build them?", which means it's anyone who chimes in personal opinion, so to my mind there's really no 'wrong answers'...I'm getting a little (well really A LOT) tired of all the that nearly every 2+ page thread degenerates to, about to the point where I might need to take a break, maybe just 'lurk' a while to see which direction this website / forum wants to go

I sure would hate for that to happen Wize. I truly look forward to your posts and have based my build on your advice. For those of us that are less experienced, namely me, I hope you stick around and continue to provide your input.

68 Cuda Notchback [Email]10.86@120[/Email] 69 Charger R/T 440/505 2009 Challenger SRT8