Quote:

Quote:

So you think turning a stock block stroker to 6500 and under you have alot better chance of survival? Even with 12.5-1 compression? I want mine to live as long as possible.I also have a 3/8 oil pick up so I have been trying not to over rev it. How high is to high?

I shift my pump gas 518 C.I. 400 block stroker motor at or slightly above 7000 RPM, the 440 block stroker motor probally at or under 6500 RPM As far as helping make the motor live I think E85 or pure alcholol will help prevent detonation, not just the shift RPMs If your going to use race gas I would shoot for 12.0 to 1 comp. ratio or lower The last 440 block I saw that had cracked the main webs had 14.7 to 1 comp. ratio I have seen B and RB motors break the stock main caps on race gas but not on alcholol or E85, yet I treid buying some of the old Mopar brand ductile iron main cap kits last week, no luck on either the B or RB motor kits, that leaves two options on replacing the stock main caps, steel or aluminum I like steel better than aluminum

I have 440 source billet steel main caps and ARP studs!

67' charger 499 RB 10.57 at 127