Quote:

ya know AL I realy dont have faith in chassis dynos..I know I'll get flamed for what Im going to say but its thru experience that I have had..

one thing...who ever is going to do or does chassis dynoing had better know what they are doing...know the car first or whats in the engine like operating RPM...thats another key

we had the duster done when it had the 448 engine...we trusted the guy...were we wrong...he buzzed it up and said it was down on power from the year before...now how can this be...he changed jets and picked up some...then he adjusted the valves..and this is where it all went wrong..

he buzzed the engine so much...splitting my ear drums...like RPM I have never heard out of this engine...we were down on power so he popped the valve covers after he said he heard a noise inside while it was idleing...sure enough..spun bearings and now a slight vibration..

I pulled the engine to find a snapped rod and all sorts of internal damage...those were LY rods..told him they were...he buzzed that engine passed 8 grand...nice guy HUH??

I can see if the operator knows the engine or whats in it and knows how to tune...and has a good following..then I say fine...but I am still a firm believer on dynoing an engine after its been built to tune... and see how its all working together and to break it in...at least the bearings...and if its a flat tappet cam...

I know Im long here but that chassis dyno guy realy cost me a ton...and Im still Pissed..

Sorry to hear your bad incident...but I have always been the one in the car...doing what I feel needs to be done....I have always been friends with the dyno owners and they trust me to run the show...when I was on my buds mustang dyno the other month I spent about an hour just cleaning up the VE graph before I ever even let the motor up enough to make boost....

IMO the chasis dyno is a great tool to get a new combo worked out before looking like a dumbbutt out on the track.

I'll be going back next week I hope with the new megasquirt controlling the motor this time.

65 Barracuda
All aluminum Indy HEMI with some boost!
COMING TO A TRACK NEAR YOU!