Quote:

I first saw the car in the mid '90s. I was racing a '70 Charger with a 440 and ran into then-owner John (his last name escapes me right now) with the 'Bee out at Norwalk Raceway. I believe we were both running mid 12's that day. We got to talking and found out we both worked at the Ford Complex. Kinda funny that we both worked for Ford but had old Mopars. He was always a super nice guy every time I saw him, sometimes at Norwalk, sometimes at Dragway 42, and sometimes even at work. He still works there, but we're on different shifts. I haven't seen him in a few years, and didn't even know he sold the car until last year. I thought he had told me he bought the car in the mid '70s. I always loved it, and its the reason I decided to paint my '69 Charger black with a white stripe.

If I see him, I'd like to give him an update on his old car...let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

This is way, way too weird talking about black on black, stripe delete '69 Super Bees in Northern Ohio and Ford plant workers owning them and using them only for drag racing

A few years ago I'm at a local cruise at a DQ and there are usually only a few Mopars that show up because this is Ford assembly plant country. I see a black on black, stripe delete '69 Super Bee with Hemi on the hood scoops and think "well maybe but most likely not a real hemi" so I see the J VIN and the original fender tag and sure enough it a real Hemi! I look at the odo and wow it's in pretty good shape for having 105,000+ miles on it. Just then a guy shows up wondering why I'm looking at the fender tag so closely (I have this thing about Lynch Road fender tags you know ) and I say "Great to see another Mopar at this cruise and unusual to see such a well preserved Hemi Super Bee with 105,000 plus miles on it. To which he replies "Oh that's 5,000 plus not one hundred five thousand. This car was bought by a Ford plant worker and only used for drag racing all of it's life until my buddy bought it ten years ago". I got permission from the current owner a few minutes later to take some detail photos and then met him again a year later to take some more and here's a couple of shots, Black on Black and Crager's TOO with big rear tires just like GTsuperbee knows it should BEE

MikeR

6110775-DSC00034.JPG (82 downloads)