Well, I'm a little saddened to hear this car left the States. I'm sure it has a good home, but I'm a little selfish I guess and think they should all stay here in the States. But it may be back someday...

I first saw the car in the mid '90s. I was racing a '70 Charger with a 440 and ran into then-owner John (his last name escapes me right now) with the 'Bee out at Norwalk Raceway. I believe we were both running mid 12's that day. We got to talking and found out we both worked at the Ford Complex. Kinda funny that we both worked for Ford but had old Mopars. He was always a super nice guy every time I saw him, sometimes at Norwalk, sometimes at Dragway 42, and sometimes even at work. He still works there, but we're on different shifts. I haven't seen him in a few years, and didn't even know he sold the car until last year. I thought he had told me he bought the car in the mid '70s. I always loved it, and its the reason I decided to paint my '69 Charger black with a white stripe.

If I see him, I'd like to give him an update on his old car...let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

Last edited by 69RTSE; 07/28/10 02:14 PM.