Regarding A12 cars.....

Around 1982 in Pflugerville, TX we used to see a Butterscotch Super Bee sitting on the side of what was a fairly major road; the one that connects P-ville to I35. Sometimes it would be there, sometimes it would be gone. We had a friend with the DPS run the plates and found the name of the guy who owned it. We then called him. It turns out he was an interstate truck driver who used the Super Bee to drive when he was home, and left it on the side of the highway when he was driving.

The car was optioned with a 4 speed, 4.10 Dana (we crawled under it and looked), black interior, black vinyl top. It had no air cleaner, but it still had the original hood. You could peek in the scoop and see the two outer carb had been removed and blocked off with silicone and aluminum plates. There were lots of scratches on the roof where the hood had been placed when it was off.

It was a fairly straight car with original paint and a bullet dent on the rear of the trunk lid

Anyway, in a deep South voice he told us it "was for sale but not for a nickel less than $3500."

On hearing that, we lost all hope - the guy was crazy and unreasonable and being teenagers we had no money. We were used to buying cars for under $300.

A few months later an older guy who did a lot of 'flipping' (I hate that word) of Mopars bought it and I have no idea where it went.