I pick and choose my charities and donations based on purely personal feelings.
And usually feel pretty good about them.........but not always.
For instance , last night we were coming back to Mn. from picking up a car in Ft. Wayne , In.
I do NOT drive through Chicago with out stopping at either Carson's or Gino's East.
It was later than we had hoped , so as we cleared the Skyway bridge , I called Gino's and placed our order for pick up.
Got there as they were closing and picked up our swill ( the finest pizza on the planet , by the way ) and went across the street to dine on the tables outside Al's Chicago Beef.
I figured they wouldn't mind since we had lunch there on the way out.
As we were finishing , there was one GIANT piece left and lo and behold , here came a fellow who looked destitute.
He asked for a spare change , we gave him pizza and a coke.
We went back to the car and checked the tie downs...........he had finished his dinner and was walking past.
I stopped him and gave him a couple bucks for breakfast before we headed out.
We didn't leave fast enough apparently because another indigent came upon us , hand extended for his share of our generosity.
This cat smelled like a distillery........which is fine , but sort of told me that he was a poorer investment that the first guy.
The first guy thanked us profusely and had a couple uplifting things to say to the two teenage boys who were with us.......my nephew and my buddy's kid.
In short he was cool.
The second guy was just thirsty.
I still threw him a couple bucks in change ( thanks tollways ! ) and we split.
But now I get an opportunity to restore order to my universe by helping out a good cause.
So Thank you , Bill !
All is right in my universe now.