Quote:

I'll admit to not keeping up with your posts very well...what was the chain of events leading up to this?

I remember all the pics of it being put together at the shop, and then....I must have missed an awful
lot after that!

Zippy, The first build tossed a bearing and chewed up # 3 & 4 rods, 3 exh vales and the crank. Rebuilt it and made 5 passesand all seemed OK. Went to take my youngest daughter for the "race car rides" on kids night at the track and half way through an 1/8th mile easy pass I heard all kinds of noise

Quote:

so #4 broke and there is no sign of heat in them. do you have more pics of the broke rod[both ends]?i dont think it is the rod bolts but try torquing the others.

Mike, I'll take better shots of the rod when we take it out. The other end of the broken rod is MIA

Quote:

What the F--k????

Last I seen you had a couple rods that were blue they got so hot....

Is this what happened after the rebuild????

UNfortunatly yes.

Quote:

Is that a witness mark on #3 E? Bent the valve too....

Yes it is

Quote:

sorry to see that do you have a plan for another engine.

Plans yes, Money no. No plan survives it's collision with reality

Quote:

Wow what a mess Can you post the rod pic? or whats left of it. Can you tell if it parted just under the pin first like on a hard decell?

We left the motor as you see it in the pics so Dave could take a look and give his assesment. So far as I can see the pin area looks intact.

Quote:

So what do you think happen ? rod bolts - rod itself..

That's the thought now. I did find one rod blot in the pan the was bent and broken but that's all from the big end of the broken rod.

Quote:

Thats some serious top fuel style carnage! Maybe your tach needs recalibrated, that looks like a
9000 RPM grenade Seriously I do feel your pain, makes me wanna leave my big bullet on the stand till next year 11.50s is ok with me for a while.

I wasn't even on it hard when this happened

Quote:

Bummer Bill... so what do ya need to get back on the track

I really wanted to make it out for the Norwalk race at the least as I've never missed one. It would take a miracle for me to make it now.

Quote:

Quote:

Bummer Bill... so what do ya need to get back on the track

a 10$ donation from 100 people might be a good start.let me be the 1st!
i can bring the block to the classic and ask 1$ per hit with a hammer.

WOW,

I can't beleive you guys would even consider wanting to help like that. Truley somee class acts on here.