Quote:

Quote:

I'm looking for mainly opinions on this thread, but also the pros and cons of these two setups.

Of course costs is the REALLY big one and which is more simplistic. Seems like you could always take the costs of an EFI system, get a decent carb and put the rest of the money towards other parts of the car.

Any opinions/info is appreciated.

CurYellowBird
I can answer any/all questions you may have about the FAST EFI systems, but here's a quick overview of the EZ-EFI system(s):

EZ-EFI TB Pros:
- Easy to install (bolts on instead of a carb)
- No tuning
- It works as advertised
- Great throttle response
- Good drivability, good mileage, good cold start, user can tune the target A/F ratio table as various points (cruise, WOT, etc)

EZ-EFI (TB type) Cons:
- Does not control timing (you use a standard distributor and ignition box)
- Operates in bank-to-bank mode. Not really a draw back because the injectors are in the throttle body.
- Injectors are in TB (wet manifold). Not as "ideal" as port injection.
- Injector sizes limit HP to 550-600 HP for a single TB- No problem if you run two TBs or use the EZ port injected system.
- Requires an EFI fuel system (but any EFI system would)
- Can only drive up to 8 high-Z injectors.

One newer option is the same EZ-EFI ECU but for port injection manifolds. This option gives you more HP capability (8 injectors instead of 4) and the manifold runs dry.

Pricing:
The 30226-kit Single EZ TB (no fuel system components) $1689.
The 30227-kit (30226 kit + fuel system; pump, filters, regulator, etc.) $1945
The 304155 second TB upgrade kit $850
The 302000 EZ-EFI kit for port injection $825

Hope this helps

www.fastmanefi.com

I'm an adovcate of EFI, I can't fathom where better fuel control isn't an advantage. That being said How do these systems deal with a tight LSA cam? Most of my exp is with OEM stuff and MAP/Maf systems don't deal well with the low vacuum/erratic pulses of cams with less that 112* CL.