Most of the time they trash their FI systems because they are modifying the car so much and making more power to the point where the stock computer cannot keep up with the demands of the motor.

The factory FI's on camaros were either a TBI or TPI setup. Those setups work well with a 305 or 350 making right around 300 or 325hp. After that, the systems can no longer keep up and the engine powerband falls flat on its face at 5500rpm anyways with those setups. The computers at that point, if stock, are POS anyways.

You can easily get a 350 to get 380hp on a good day, the problem is that those guys do all the mods and neglect the computer and FI system thinking "O it'll keep up fine", then they get pissed when it doesn't so they just throw a carb on it. It's like putting a 383 stroker in a car with 2.29 gears thinking your gonna pull 10 seconds in the quarter.

Your comparing a stock system that was meant for emissions and government standards to aftermarket systems that blow the stock FI's out of the water. I've never had a problem with my carb on my chevy, at the same time when I tested that projection system, I was blown away at how good the throttle response was compared to a carb. Yes the edelbrock carb I had was in perfect tune and I double checked before the swap so I could feel an unbiased difference if there was one.