I see that it has been a while since anyone posted in this topic, so I thought I would add a little of my knowledge in here on this topic.

I have built a very stout 440 for my 78 Power Wagon. Lots of very good parts and have over built everything so that this thing never breaks. 4340 chromoly H rods, stock stroke, steel crank internal balance, ARP stud kits throughout, Stealth Aluminum heads (fully inspected and cleaned up by my racing machine shop, and more.. Running the Air gap RPM dual plane intake, with the Powerjection III EFI system. While the engine is finished, I am still building the run/test stand for it all. This is where I will break in the engine. As we all know, our ring gears on are on the torque converters, So I will have the fully overhauled and upgraded 727, and the overhauled NP203 full time 4X4 transfer case all assembled together as one big ass unit on this stand. Allowing me to test the tranny, transfer case, and engine, and put them through all of the paces, except the ability to put it under a load.

The reason for this post. The Powerjection III does have the ability to run run blended fuels. In the software application that it comes with to run on your computer, there is a section for blended fuels. When I spoke with the people at Profession-Products, I asked about the brown wire that is currently not used, and asked if this was for a blended fuel (alcohol) detector, which he said it was, but had not been developed yet. I then asked can it just be set up manually if I know I am running E85 for example. He said yes, that's what that whole section if for. This, and the Powerjection III's super simplicity were the selling points for me.

Gasoline, WILL become scarce and more expensive at some point in time, and having my truck already set up for blended fuels will mean LESS expense in the future.

if you plan on running the blended higher alcohol content fuels, you will want to overhaul your fuel delivery system. Since alcohol carried lots of water with it, it's best to replace your 20, 30, 40 year or older fuel lines with good quality stainless steel lines. The Alcohol content and the water will corrode the basic soft steel lines we all have from the factory.

This system came with a high pressure pump and regulator that requires a return line back to the tank, which I will have to install as I replace the old lines.

E85 is the fuel of the future, and with EFI, at least the Powerjection III system, I can switch back and forth with just the simple selection of a different map. That is NOT something you can do with a carb...ever. Alcohol requires a lot more fuel going into the engine, which on a carb means about 50 to 60% larger jets.

So far the only downside to the Powerjection III system is that there is no hand held mapper or tuner. You have to use a laptop / netbook to plug into it to make any of these changes. I'm thinking of building one into my truck or at least have it with me somehow.

Once I have the test stand done, tranny rebuilt, and T-case done (doing them all myself as I did the engine), I will post more here about it then.

I know Edellbrock has recently come out with their own, which has a nice hand held tuner. All of these other EFI systems have a big brain box that has to be mounted somewhere. Mine has it built in to the throttle body itself, along with the MAP sensor, Idle air valve, throttle position sensor. With connections to water temp, tach signal, power, and to the wide band O2 sensor. but that's it.. I hope it all runs well when I fire it up for the first time. !!!!

Rich