Quote:

Yes, two shades of turqoise listed as available for 68 Chargers: KK1 Light Turquoise Metallic & LL1 Medium Dark Turqoise Metallic.

I won't say there were only two LL1 68 Hemi Chargers built, there's no way that would be known for certain because records on individual color combinatins were not kept. According to the currently "known" cars (by Galen Govier and others like him who keep track of them), only two are known to exist (1 automatic, 1 4 speed), others could pop up in the future via some private/reclusive owner comming out of his hole, or one that's been hidden away as a restoration junker or project car that hasn't seen the light of day for 20 years, but with Hemi cars being so high profile the chances of that are pretty slim.

I agree, no way to ever verify.. Mine is the one Galen knows about. I got the car from a personal friend of Galens up in Dallas many many moons ago.. All I know is LL1 is a very "uncommon" color. I agree with you Scott that hemi cars have a higher profile than most and thus, will tend to "SURFACE" more often than not...

Makes letting her go for a Daytona that much more difficult.....

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)