Well let me step up publicly and say there is alot of hypocrisy and "better than thou" attitudes in here.

1. When many of us ask questions because we want to further know things, such as questions about fender tags etc, we get told "Oh well I wont say how come thats a bogus tag because you dont need to know." or "If I told you, then it would be easier for others to make a bogus tag."

We get the childlike treatment and the even more the most obnoxious "you'll have to take my word for it and shut up." kind of feeling. I suppose we should just look up to our Gods and accept the commandments like loyal disciples with no right to ask our svengali why something isnt right. This assumption only follows the theory that if I share my knowledge with you, then I might become less important or make less money or others will just be encouraged to cheat.

The IRS and other govt entities show you how to avoid problems, and helps with questions, I am glad they dont subscribe the theory above "If we tell them then someone will get around the system and cheat." No one person, business, or entity is greater than that of the hobby. When the 99.235% of us who have legitimate questions about our fender tags, build sheets or other documentation its because we are only concerned aboout our little world of owning 1 or 2 Mopars. If the information that the same 99.235% of gets makes it slightly more able for the 00.665% to cheat well thats part of it. The needs of the many outweight the greed of a few. The knowledge that the vast 99+% of us gains in order to keep from being cheated, keep from being scammed, and thereby enabling us to make a better informed opinion is far preferable than being treated like a child. An informed public makes informed decisions and thereby makes it harder for collusion and theft. I just cannot accept the "take my word for it" whether or not I send money or dont send money. I have to know why something isnt right.

Our hobby and this site seems to at times, have a hierarchy. Sometimes that hierarchy is offended or is competitive not only with each other but with the general public. I know alot of opinions I read here are based on "Hey this is how I make my living", and they will fight to the death defending a particular point of view. I see at times where our suppliers/vendors work in harmony to promote others products, and also when they butt heads and get brutally ugly with one another. The world of Mopar manufacturers, remanufacturers, reproductions/fake/whatever, or simply resellers of cars and parts is every bit as contentious as my old days in the Corvette world. Hmmmm perhaps they are even more ugly at times because the stakes are even higher.

But still all in all, I think each of our posters, and vendors contribute in their own way to the good of the hobby. I just disagree at times at the attitudes and inability to accept others points of view.

I judge a pesons analysis and point of view without regard to their income, standing, financial worth, or how many posts they have beneath their name. A good man is a good man, wherever he come from, or has obtained.

Finally and officially I advocate the reproduction of any documentation. With the respect to Reproduction Broadcast sheets, I have reread others opinions before running my own mouth off....again. You see I have a sharp tongue too. I think repro broadcast sheets should be available to the public providing each is clearly marked REPRODUCTION.

I have not mentioned any any names here, and I respect each of your opinions, if I have offended one over the other, you might want to see if the shoe fits. I even realize that if I had a high dollar Hemi car with ultra rare features, or more invested in the hobby I might feel different. I just think too few hold the knowledge, sometimes using that for financial gain. But eventually to perpetuate the hobby,people must share that same information with the vast majority of honest, hard working, Mopar owners.

Its not rocket science, and it doesnt promote world peace, or christianity, so lets dont get overly confident on how important any one person, business or entity is....no matter what good intentions one may have. The best intentions can result in the worst of consequences. Reality and perception are sometimes different and sometimes the same. I can say there isnt a one of you I would meet where I wouldnt want to spend all day listening and talking to you. Some things I would learn, some things I would disallow and some things I would disregard, but still having come out of it for learning more than when I went in.

Last edited by gomangoRTSE; 04/24/10 06:26 PM.