Quote:

Quote:

quote]
Quote:

but wrong on me being ignorant. You say the 588 is purpose built and that's fine.

If you could build more power why did HEMIFRED have DTHEMI build his newest motor???

?

Ok my turn. I am not sure either of us needs to explain our actions. However this is the internet where rumors and innuendo flourish. So let's put out the fire before it starts. . It all started out when I bought a rotating assembly from DTHEMI. Darren shipped it to BG for the build. Bg's 588 in my Duster has been everything and then some. 8.58 and I am sure there's more as I never re jetted or touched the timing.Well over 150 trouble free passes so far This is what BG builds. A strong dependable bracket type motor meant to be reliable and long lived.
My discussions with BG on what the build would involve changed when I decided to use the Millennium heads. I never realized that what I wanted a kill would take much more time effort on his part than doing three bracket type motors. In consulting our with Darren much of the combo was nearly exactly what he had already done twice over. In using the Millennium's to their best potential as I wanted would require a great deal of head work . Relocating the intake ports to a different location as to benefit from a straighter shoot from the carbs . Raising the exhaust port a good deal more. There are some other items that I care not to mention. This takes in house machinery along with much extra time and work. I was going to have BG send them back to Darren for this operation.. He had done it all twice before on a 604 and 653 builds.
I told Darren I regretted asking BG to step outside his normal routine. Then the three of us elected to send it back to Darren to simplify the build and eliminate the potential mess I was creating.
I am fortunate to have three very close friends as builders with each tops in their field.
Dave Heitz owner of Christine gets any and all blown alcohol work. The 5.87 in his Daytona at E-town driven by Scott Cannon says enough.
BG gets the bracket ones as he has that stuff down to a science. I have yet to hear of one of his motors not exceeding it's expectations.
Darren fits the 'on the edge " stuff since he thrives on it. Making 1261 HP all motor on E-85 .
And for anyone to question Bob Georges ability let alone his honesty or integrity is out of line.For what Bob does for the sport is immeasurable and his help to racers less fortunate is a testament to his character.We need more Bob Georges and shops like BGR.To quote BG,"Our customers become our friends,our friends become our family."
We are proud members of "Bob George Racing" South Jersey Division here

Thanks,Fred,Randy and all the racers who really know me and what BGR really stands for,you humble me with your comments.Thanks to all the racers at the shop who help their fellow racers and a "special"thanks to my late son Robert Curtis George who started the BGR group and may we always carry on his legesy with respect.

this thread is making me want to move back to PA.

BGR

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs