It has been a long time since I last posted and update. The project got stalled for a while. I made a change in direction and it is now moving along well again.

I decided to build it more along the lines of a pro-touring car rather than for the F.A.S.T. races. There are a number of reasons, but it basically boils down to the fact that I want to be able to use this car for a lot of different types of driving. Building it to be truly competitive in F.A.S.T. would have meant too many sacrifices for other uses that I wasn't willing to live with.

The car is currently at Rad Rides by Troy. The plan is to go with an aluminum 572 Keith Black Hemi with remote (behind the rear axle) twin turbos. The transmission will be a GM 4L80E with a gear vendors OD behind that (there is an OD in the trans and the GV will be double OD).

Suspension will use the full Hotchkis set up including their upper A arms, torsion bars, leaf springs, and sway bars front and rear.

Brakes are Wilwood 14" six piston front and 11" four piston rear.

Tires will be 255/40ZR18 front and 275/40ZR 18 rear for street use and 255/60/15 drag radials in the back for drag use.

You can see all of the details at my updated web site NorthernBel.com

Last edited by RSNAKE; 01/22/12 01:02 AM.