Quote:

WOW= that is very cool.I wonder how many gallons of primer must be in that tank? Did it then get baked dry?That is fun to watch I would love to go watch that happen sometime.Wher is that place? Did you decide on a color? It took me a while to settle on a color of blue for my dads car,now it is almost back together.Looks like a very cool project , I have a 69 RR to do I would love to hav that thing dipped like that.How much does that process cost?

I think that it did get baked dry. I will double check that and post back.

I haven't decided on a specific color. It will be '66 Dark Blue Metallic, or something close. I can appreciate the difficulty that you had in choosing a color. It is not an easy decision and it has a HUGE impact on the final project. The picture in your post is beautiful. I think that color looks great on that car!

The e-coat process itself is not that expensive. However, I had to get the cage that it is in custom built. Add that to the transportation and the total cost was close to $3,000. Now that I own the cage, doing another one would cost a lot less. I plan to keep the car for the rest of my life and I plan to use the car, not leave it parked in the garage. Because of this, I wanted the extra protection that e-coat offers and felt the cost was worth it to me.