I am building this car to compete in the F.A.S.T. drag racing events. My website for this project is northernbel.com It is an original 426 Hemi car that was wrecked and parked in 1972. I bought it in 2007 on ebay out of North Carolina.

As you can see, it was in rough shape but restorable. It is missing the engine, trans, and rear. It does still have a title, VIN tag, build sheet, fender tag, and certicard.

I bought a clean nearly rust free donor car in 2008. Then after a false start with one restoration shop, I sent it to US Car Tool back in NC for their Body in White (BIW) program. They got both of the cars dipped in Oct. 2009

Then cut the dented and rusted parts off of the Hemi car in Dec. 2009. As you can see we are saving the core of the Hemi car including: all frame rails, full floor, roof, right front inner fender, firewall, and core support.

The plan is to have the car painted by the end of March and then begin putting it back together again. It may take longer than that to get it painted if I decide to send it back out for dip and e-coat after all of the metal work is done.

After that, it is back to Iowa for my Dad to begin reassembly. I expect the project to take another 3-5 years to complete, due to time and cash flow. I have put my vision of the completed car on this site before, but here it is again.

5679518-Meyer_Final4S.jpg (698 downloads)
Last edited by RSNAKE; 12/20/09 03:34 PM.