Quote:

so can you give a rundown of what parts exactly i need to get? i have an 85 ram and i just want to do the spindles and swap the rotors to 5x4.5

so far i see 91-96 dakota drop spindles
and modify the dust shields?

right now my truck has the axle flip in the back and cut stock coils up front. it bottoms out all the time and rides like CRAP! i daily drive this thing!

I would use 91-96 Dak spindles. This will allow you to run your factory tierod ends.

Use 76 Newyorker rotors others will work but I know for a fact these will bolt to the 91-96 Dak spindle and give you the 4.5" pattern. They are on my truck now.

You may still need to use the Newyorker adjusting sleeves. Try your factory sleeves first they are longer than the 72-78 sleeves.

You may have to trim the lower control arms a little. I used the dicontinued Chisholm arms,I had to take about a 1/4" off the ends for rotor clearence. Im not sure what you will need to do on the factory arms (if anything).

You will need to slightly bend a brake line for clearance (only one side I dont remember which).

As you stated you will need to trim the dust shield. The Ram shield will bolt on the Dak spindle it will be obvious where to trim. I doubt that the dust shields changed much between 73-85. Take a look at the pics on this thread they may help. Its trial and error.

Bottom line is just dive in man its not a hard mod. Just take your time.

Now all this info is for is for 79-93. The earlier trucks (like mine) are a little different.

Start wrenchin bro.

4556042-truck190.JPG (405 downloads)
Last edited by ramblebee; 07/16/08 11:34 PM.