Quote:

The longer tie rod sleeves was another part that i looked at too as being a problem, let us know what you come up with for a part# or application. Looking good so far.

Were those tie rods neccesary to buy to get into the steering arms or are they longer on the adjuster side---whats the skinny on why you used them?

And hey, you knew there were going to be 5 million questions when you did this, thanks for your time in answering everyones--myself included.

I used the van tie rods mainly because the stud size is exact same as the Dakota.The obvious thing to do would be to use the Dakota tie rod end but they are female on the adjustment end.In other words they thread onto the tie rod instead of into an adjustment sleeve.I havent been able to get back to the parts store to look at adjusting sleeves yet.I have looked at a few pics of sleeves on rockauto and the 76 Newyorker(again) sleeves are a lot longer than the Ram.If they are the same size and thread as the Ram sleeves they should work.I dont mind answering everyones questions Id like to see more of these trucks customized.