Here’s my perspective (and directed to nobody in particular).

EFI on a Mopar (or any old engine in an old car, actually) has to be a labor of love. You can’t justify it for the cost savings on fuel, you probably can’t jump into it for increased HP (at least that’s what the max HP carb guys say) and you sure can’t qualify it as a simple upgrade (no matter whose system it is).

You gotta have a personal drive to go EFI – either you are tired of carbs, you want the potential of better drivability, or just because you want to try something new and challenging. For me it’s been a combination of the above.
You have to research, sift thru internet info, and/or read a lot of books. And you better have a lot of spare time, or at least be able to focus on it until it’s finished. Also, you have to accept that you won’t be able to get advice from the people & places you’re used to visiting.

Over the years, I installed 3 items in my car that gave me my epiphany: a vacuum gauge, an MSD timing computer and a wideband. Those items helped me learn what my engine needed, when it needs it, and to fantasize how nice it would be to do it electronically/automatically instead of turning knobs and swapping rods and jets. The wideband was the real eye-opener on how AFs can bounce around on an engine that feels smooth. Between fuel and timing, I think there’s lots of area under the curve there for the taking.

Being that I was unwilling to drop the heavy money on a whole system, I’m 1/2-way down the Megasquirt route. It allows someone to use just about any hardware setup they want – TBI, dual TBI, port FI, Magnum beerbarrel, Eddy Pro-Flo XT, factory distributor, EDIS, etc.

There are also a *bunch* of vendors out there offering modification pieces for OEM systems – the options are there to anyone with the imagination and the Google to search for them.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.