Fury Fan, sounds like we have the same idea. I was able to scrounge up most of the parts for my port efi conversion for not too much $. Bought a second-hand but new in box eddy victor efi intake for my 440, bulk fuel rail extrusion which I will have to cut, drill and tap myself as well as fab up my own fuel rail hold-downs. I was able to scrounge a new fuel pressure regulator out of my 4cyl turbo dodge parts as well as a set of 42 lb injectors for $100. Other than rigging together the plumbing, the throttle body is the last thing on my list. Like you say, a 4bbl throttle body is not cheap. I've got a bosch idle air valve I can use for my fast idle if need be and have been tinkering with the idea of modding a spare/junk mechanical secondary carb into a throttle body if I can successfully mate a throttle position sensor to it and seal off the air bypasses. Also planned to take either a lean burn distributor or a stock distributor with advance locked out to run the input to the MS for spark control.

You are right though, TBI is the only way to do a stealth fuel injection setup. You can tuck a tbi under an air cleaner so at a glance nobody would know. I had considered picking up an eddy CH-28 dual carb intake and mating two GM tbi's to it. Put an oval 6-pack/hemi style air cleaner on it and it'd look great. However since I daily drive my mopar in the decent months and because I have aluminum heads w/o the heated cross over, I kinda wanted to get rid of the wet flow all together. Not that it's a big deal either way though. Intake choice depends a lot on your build too. The victor efi intake isn't for everyone and it is a tall intake.

I really wanted to get the MS-2 on my car this year, but between having my motor out for an overhaul and my tranmission crapping out on me, I just couldn't make it happen. Oh well, I will make sure to have everything ready for next spring.

Quote:

Any idea if MegaSquirt-II
can handle operating the EGR valve too?

Will do. msefi.com is the main megasquirt forum, however the sequencer is a version of the microsquirt and their forum section is microsquirt.com

I just did some looking and the MS-3 unit(ms3efi.com) is also in beta testing right now. I haven't been keeping up with their developments because I already have my MS-2 sitting on the shelf waiting for me. The MS-2 Sequencer is said to do fully sequential fuel/spark with individual cylinder trimming by a set %. The MS-3 claims it will have a mappable trim for each cylinder. So they've got two systems in the works they say will do full sequential but neither are in the production stages yet. And MS development tends to move very slowly. I think this time especially they want to do a lot of testing before release to work as many bugs out of it as possible. I wouldn't expect either of those systems to be available for quite some time yet.

MS has fully programable outputs you can use, others have used them to control EGR though I never really looked into it.

I'm sure no expert on the megasquirt systems and I know mine will not do everything the high $ systems will but it should do what I want it to do. There are other great systems out there that do all the fun stuff but MS was really the only one I had the budget to look at.