Quote:

With the season "over" and me destroying the clutch in my car, along with this engine still not running right, I decided to pull the motor...

I did a leakdown on the even cyls - all read about 20% (80% leakage at 15 psi) and were leaking out the oil pan. Engine was not hot (because I had parts taken off), so that will make a difference.

All the plugs had oil on the ends of the threads, that coupled with a PM I got from someone about the springs I decided to pull the motor and blueprint it (at least go through it and know what I got).

I have the motor torn apart and here is what I have noticed:
1. The cam appears good (yeah)...
2. The lifters were all marked with white paint to ensure they are rotating
3. They weighted and the con-rods were ground to match weight (the weight was marked on them)
4. All the rods were color coded marked
5. The block & crank was numbered (mine was 36 I think) with a sharpie
6. They drilled a LOT of metal out of the crank... - all that to externally balance the engine???
7. Noticed a slight mark along the direction of the pistons (no deeper then the hash marks) on most of the cylinders.
8. Some ware marks at the bottom of the cylinder for some of the cyls.

Going through the heads next...

More updates to follow.

Hi Rick,

Wow I see you pulled it apart.
Would be happy to help you check out any of it. I have all the needed tools for engine assy.
Let me know, do you need the flywheel machined? We can figure out the bobweights too if you want to check the engine balance.