Some of the above list you might not need or have to get, but I just assume do it once and do it right... (although the autozone alternator failed on the trip to the nats)

As far as the motor - general impressions:
1. It comes in a wooden crate (not as nice as the plastic crates the MP ones come in)
2. They used RTV on the oil pan and intake and did a somewhat sloppy job
3. They did not include the bolts needed to attach the water pump (I had to buy them as well)
4. The oil pan looks like a bunch of "patch" work on a stock pan - like no one could bend metal - only weld... - could have been done cleaner.
5. The timing marks on the balancer are on the wrong side, the small tick marks are away from the marker not close to it
6. Mine was an '86 block and the motor mount bolts were not long enough, the mounting bosses were larger on this block for some reason - just went the the hardware store and got longer ones...
7. It uses a magnum air gap manifold which uses the new (smaller) thermostat - they do not include the thermostat or the housing
8. The bypass hose fitting they give you does not work - it kinks the hose, I had to have one specially made...
9. The bolts for the intake are not long enough to hold the manifold and the throttle bracket (again back to the hardware store)
10. They did not put anything on the openenings durring shipping, no tape on carb flange, no plugs, nothing in exhust port, nothing in the distrbutor hole... it did have a bag on the top of the motor.
11. I comes with a lot of pipe plugs plugging some of the stuff you need, oil pressure sending unit, heater hoses, temp sender, etc...
12. The intake and timing chain cover were not painted (actually I like the look now that I am use to it).
13. It did NOT come with any oil filter adaptor, you need to have one for the straght or angled filter (by the way make SURE the oil filter is on before priming the motor ).
14. It came at top dead center zeroed out for you, but I still mananged to have the the dist 180 out...
15. Mine had an exhaust bolt hole helicoiled
16. They painted the exhaust flange - I had to sand it back off

Last edited by 6T6Cuda; 08/15/07 05:43 PM.