Someone PM me about my opinions about the motor so here is the latest update:

Hello,

Right now the post saids it all...

No, I have not gotten it running well....

I am not sure if it is the Edelbrock 750 they recomend or the dirt in my fuel tank or some combination of both (which I did not know unitl I put a clear fuel filter on the new motor) - I would not have intentally done this...)...

I would recomend, starting with a new ignition system before trying to debug an old one... - moeny well spent...

It is difficult to get the timming curve they recomend 16* initial and 34* total - most have about 24* of mechanical - so some major recurving is needed...

Would I buy another one, not sure, I would build my own if I had time, but if that is not an option it is a decent setup;

Things I did not like:
1. Somewhat unsure tech support, they sounded good but some specific questions they could only answer what was "in the book" - you somewhat expect that with a bigger company; for example it took being on hold and two different calls for them to tell me what flywheel I need, they told me all kinds of stuff - everthing from the ballance weights come with the engine (what?? - I have a flywheel - should I weld them on??) to it is neutral, to it is externally ballance, then no one could tell me how much inballance it needed...

2. The did not tape up the holes when shipping - it was wrapped in a bag, but a big hole for the dist open was a bit worrysome.

3. They bore the block out to 0.04" - this is very close to the service limit, it could not be rebuilt again...

4. It is externally ballanced and I am not sure if it is because mine is not running well, or it is not ballanced real well... - I assumed they used lighter pistons, yet stuck with the stock LA 360 ballance...

BTW:
1. Don't forget to add tax and shipping to the total price...
2. They did not include any oil filter adaptor (you can not screw in an oil filter on the motor)