Quote:

I wasnt going to comment, but I think your last statement may be the most realistic of all:

"I will have on-track insurance next time or I'll stay home..."

If you are drag racing, and the first thought that crosses your mind when you either get to the track or are in the staging lanes or beams is " how am I gonna recoup all this money if a car wrecks into me", then you really shouldnt be at the track. If your pre-occupied with those thoughts, your in the wrong arena. I would find it way more dangerous to have racers concentrating on the value of their car while going down the track than on the race itself.

This is racing . Accidents happen. Dumb azzes race too unfortunately. Shuffelboard is an option for those who want to be safe 24/7. Its the nature of the beast folks. You have to deal with it.

Now that there are some of these insurance companies, perhaps that is an option, but that is just the start ( once again) of the total take over of a sport by insurance companies, Once they get into insuring "race cars on track", whats next? Then they tell you how fast you can go? What ET your "capable" and " qualified to drive"?

I dont like the on track insurance deal myself. Its a really really bad signal.

Racers race, cars wreck, bad things CAN happen in automobile racing. You have to accept that.

As far as the other driver that wrecks you, that is another story. If it is a racing accident, unavoidable by him/her, such as blown motor, broken brakes, blown tranny, oh well. He didnt really want to wreck either.

If its a case of driver stupidity or ignorance, then a little different case. The driver SHOULD at least try to help a little. But then again, if he is accused of "driver stupidity", do you think he is going to hang around ?

As for me, I think you accept the risks of racing the minute you strap in the car. It is what it is. If you are worried about the car, you either get the insurance,( if that makes you feel better), dont race, or play cards or shuffleboard.

My

Right on!!