Quote:

We have had 2 instances where our cars were hit, both times in the pits and both times by people towing big trailers, 1st time,our Cuda got hit about 8 years ago ,trailer caught the left front fender, damaged the bumper and l/f fender pretty bad,drug the car about 4 feet sideways,We had just Painted it about 3 months prior, so at least the paint was easy to match,and I still had leftover paint, guy felt bad, offered to pay, but We was so irate that we refused, convinced him to leave before it got ugly. 2nd time ,my sons girlfriend's Challenger got hit by a trailer while in its pit spot at a Chrysler Classic by same thing, a person towing a trailer, crunched left rear 1/4 panel, and the guy did pay what the estimate was but He didn't have to tow a race race car to several body shops for estimates or race a wrecked car for several months till we could fix it. Then at the Good Guys race at National Trail a month ago, once again parked in Pit spot, and a guy in a motor home with a 28' ft enclosed comes in from the wrong way, cuts through the pits and then makes a wide swing to pull into a spot about 3 spots down from us and the rear of the trailer missed our car by the thickness of a notebook paper, He couldn't hear our screaming,and was totally unaware. I went down and told what he did, and his reply was He was watching, and He had plenty of room. He couldn't understand why I was worked up when nothing got hurt? LOL I just shook my head and walked away. Big Trailers and Amateur drivers scare me more than racetracks!

Why didn't you simply get their insurance info, write an estimate and get it fixed? That's what I did, after a racer backed into my Dart at Eddyville. It got treated like a normal claim, except, the agent had to look at my car to see it wasn't a heap. Crashing on the racing surface has nothing to do with getting hit by an insured vehicle.