OK
I have found A painter for my car, he came out and looked at the car, and we chatted for about 3 hours. He is out of work right now, and doesnt have much on his plate. I have seen his work before, he is the type of guy, that will give you what you want. I know of cars he has painted for $500 total. Cheapy paint jobs that look good for a little while.
But he can lay down some nice paint. He has over 20 years experience paint, and autobody. He is actually a old friend of my Father-in-laws.
Anyways
He has quoted me $1200 for labor. Which I think is a great deal. We have priced out paint, etc...looks like we can get it done for under $2K.
He insisted on a econo line from Dupont (nason, or mason?)
Anyways here is a few priced products.
-$200 for a gallon of red base coat paint.
-$200 for the Good Chromo clear
-$130 for a gallon of fill primer
he has also priced on some Value shade, and some sealer etc....
Looks like it will be in the $700-$800 range for materials...
He said he will knock it out very quick...
3-4 weeks tops....He is getting the car by the middle of the week.
He assured me it will be slick, I plan to take a a guy with me before the actual base coat will get applied to inspect or decide if anything need addressed or changed...
The car will look good, again this is a race car, and function is what its about...
I will post picks and updates when possible.. I havent looked back through the thread, but I remember some people thinking that material alone would be $3k...LOL

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]