Thanks Guys
The only thing holding me back is a paint booth. I dont have the space or place to do this.
I have a car port attached to my house I also thought about adding some lumber and making a temp spray booth with some sheet plastic etc.
I actually have most of the tools, cheapo gravity feed HVLP gun, 18" air file D/A etc, and a 60 gallon compressor.
I might start a thread in the tech section if I could get some of you painters to answer some dumb questions for me.
The car really would be a good one to learn. The car is very straight believe it or not.
But the old primer needs to come off. I would be afraid to paint anything on top of it and lift the paint.
Sand off all the primer with like a 180 grit. It comes of easy like red dust. Then could I just go with a 2k urethane High build, or would I need some type of epoxy/sealer primer, then the high build?
Also things like what size tips need to be answered as in spraying like high build..Im sure it would need a larger tip than normal.
Flash time etc.
If you guys could lead me through out a thread and follow my progress that would be the best thing in the world.
Also, could one spray his primer out side for now? Im talking about building primer blocking the body, guide coats etc...would it matter if it gotta bug or dirt etc?
Tell ya what
Give me about a two weeks and a list of stuff to round up, like what kind of primer i need for the first coat, what grit paper I need etc..What tip size etc..
The guy I got the car off of, told me to forget about any air tools IDK. Said he uses the paint mixing sticks a bunch. Just wraps the sandpaper around the stick, and show me not to go up and down, or side to side but kinda at a angle. And when the paper needs changed just rip off that small piece and go right back at it?
Also, I plan to add some lettering, and if possible add this under my clear coat. Can this be done with Vinyl lettering? Or should this be painted?
At first I thought about copying the Old ShadowWoods Plymouth, but Instead of Black and white, do it in Red and white. Which would make a really cool looking car, and dont think anyone has done this before. But also thought about just going with a Viper Red, or Ruby Red, and just putting "Plymouth" down the 1/4 panel.. and up front adding "Its A Hemi" over each fender well Like the 5&50 tribute car, but curve the lettering around the fender well.

What ya think guys?
Took this "ONE" pic at the Classics this spring.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]