I would use dupont zinc chromate primer for the first application of primer it has top shelf adhesion and corrosion characteristics. It does sand hard so you can do a wet on wet application of nason 421-19 build primer and do your bodywork on top of that.You DO NOT want to try to straiten dents or waves with primer that is what dollies,body hammers and filler is for the application of 421-19 is simply easier to sand than zinc chromate so two med wet coats are plenty.You can then sand the 421-19 with 100 to apply filler after all the filler is strait and sanded down to 180 grit apply 3 coats of 421-19 over all the filled areas,after it is dry block with 180-220 and sand the rest of the car down with the same apply 3 more coats of 421-19 over the entire car let dry for a couple of days block with 320 to finish getting it perfectly flat and finish sanding with 500 and it is ready to spray.
tips for success:
1)let all primers and fillers dry per directions
2)keep it at least 62 degrees f until dry
3)pre clean before you apply anything every time
4)spend the extra time to do it right,If you don't feel like working on it take a night off,body work needs to be done by someone who is excited about it not by someone who thinks it sucks.
5)Read a book and if you need help pm me I will be happy to answer any questions.

Good luck,Bruce

5388290-ROMANS002.jpg (79 downloads)

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!