Whats it cost now days for a good paint job for a race car. I want a good job, not a $500 50 foot'r.
Im hoping it will cost in the $3000-$3500 range. The car needs no body panel's replaced, no trim to tape up, no windows, no interior, no grill nothing to tape up etc. The car has Primer but its a Lacquer red oxide primer that has been on the car for 15+ years. Its actually held up pretty good. The primer is thin in some areas, and there is light surface rust. The car IMO would need completely sanded down to remove all old primer, and shot back with a Urethane type (maybe high build 2k) It is going to be a simple one color coat. I plan to put some lettering under the clear coat. Etc. It has a few dents, were a ladder fell into it and had some small bubbling in one place but has already been fixed (roughed in).
I suck at body work, and no one n the family paints... So I will include a few pic's...
If I can get this car painted for under $4k i will be a happy camper.
Now this isnt going to be a show car, although I want it too look slick. It is a racer.
I have only had the car for 6 months nad have been a busy camper. I have the engine. All new 572 Hemi with CNC ported heads, have the induction, fuel pump regulator, carbs, all engine parts, electronics, trans, converter, the rearend is all complete narrowed Dana 60 with cal tracks. MSD7AL box for ignition all hidden.
I wanted to really go with the Nostalgia look in this car. I have a Accel duel point dist, i converted to electronic which has a cable drive tach, Moroso 5" cable drive Monster tach the tattle tail recall. Hurst Lightning Rod shifter etc. The interior and cage is finished, and I have some A100 van seats. Etc.

Last edited by Bob_Coomer; 09/13/09 09:35 PM.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]