Quote:

Quote:

Then run heavy wire from the relay directly to the main alternator pos post or the battery poitive post. This goes on the heavy circuit of the relay. Wire the other side of this relay circuit to the regulator.

I didn't see this post yesterday. Sounds like a quick and dirty way to get my car on the road. Is 12ga wire heavy enough for the positive run?

So, in this case, what would happen when I turn on my headlights? Wouldn't they then be running off the battery? i.e. - the regulator would see this constant 12V from the direct battery connection, so the alternator would not kick out more voltage until the 12V+ from the battery dropped below whatever threshold the regulator needs to turn on. Isn't that not good?

I just want to make sure I understand all this.

Would this also give me the added bonus of headlights not going dim at idle? I've seen references to a fix for that, and never looked into yet ('cause my headlights don't even work at this point, it was a "get to it later" thing).

Doing this would get the car running again safely, but depending on where the drop is, anything 'behind' it that's getting power will be getting 12v - the drop, correct? He'll be underpowering the problem component/circuit.

70 Sport Fury
68 Charger
69 Coronet
72 RR