Quote:

Im gonna throw out something here that I seem to remember when I was restoring my 74 Challenger and had a 71 R/T as a parts car. I used and still have the hood from the 71 on my car and I recall the hood bumpers being in a different spot from the 71 to the 74, maybe due to the change in front end configurations changing to a fiberglass in 72 from the all steel fronts in 70-71. Both my hoods are/were the R/T style.

That's related to the fenders more than the hood. I'm guessing the scheduled production date on the 71 was earlier rather than later. The 70 hood bumpers are located differently than the later years. The later fenders were notched for mounting provisions for the fiberglass grills. The fender notch caused a movement of the hood bumper and also a slight movement of the hood pin lanyard screw hole. Many 71 cars also exhibit this notch for the later grill shells, even though they have 70-71 style marker lights. I think fenders are probably More complex than hoods, but we'll have to get to that later.

Tav