Since we're going over hoods, I'll post info that I have and hopefully I can get a few questions answered on things that I'm not sure of...

Lets start with the easiest hood first, the one and only TA hood.

N94 TA Hood

(AAR ‘Cudas use the same N94 code for their hood, but the information below only refers to Challenger TA Hoods.)

Came on all Challenger TA cars
Also optional after 4-13-70 until the end of 1971 production on 340+4 barrel, 383+4 barrel, 440+4 barrel, 440 Six Pak, & 426 Hemi. (being an RT was not a requirement, but most cars with these engines are RTs)

It was not available with A63 or A46 molding group, M44 hood rear/fender molding, or on SE or A78 formal roof cars due to the hood molding not fitting over the fiberglass. V21 Hood Performance Treatment was also not available on this hood. If the car was ordered with J55 Undercoat/Hood Pad, the hood pad would be deleted.

Cars with this hood option will not come with a hood pop up spring or any hood latch mechanism. As such, J45 hood pins are required with this hood and will use rivets instead of screws to attach the bezel to the hood.

It was always painted organisol, not body color. Along with the hood, you also got the TA hood springs (not the same as AAR), TA windshield squirters (same as AAR), shorter fiberglass hood style radiator to hood seal (same as AAR), longer retainers on front of hood trim (due to fiberglass being thicker than steel), and the appropriate air cleaner to go with your engine/hood combo. If you had one of the optional radios, you were also supposed to get the rear quarter panel mounted antenna (passenger side) like the TA cars had to provide less engine interference with your radio, but so far the few examples I’ve heard of came with the regular fender mounted antenna.

Once a production design of this hood was settled on, I don’t know of any variations of it through the end of its availability.

Tav

5256296-TAHood2.JPG (256 downloads)