Quote:

I think the market for LH chrome lugnuts is bigger than just 1970 cars.

What if someone puts an aftermarket or used set of rallye rims on their 69 and down B or C body Mopar? I've seen lots of rallyes on 69 down cars. Currently, they can only get RH chrome lugnuts for it. So all of those guys are forced to convert to RH studs.

If you made LH chrome lugnuts you'd be the only game in town. Even if they didn't care about the "pimple" correctness. LH chrome lugnuts would save them the cost and time of coverting LH studs to RH studs.

I think it's safe to say if the lug nut has a nipple, R/H or L/H, you're the only game in town.
Here's what I'm going to do, I'm not going to make 3 different configurations of lug nuts.

1. R/H nut.
2. R/H with the “L”.
3. True L/H with the “L”.

Keep in mind, making all the different left hand studs from 68-70 is not realistic and not in the equation, at least for now. With that said, I think we all can agree that there is a much larger volume of cars that have all R/H lugs for reasons that the L/H studs are so hard to find and ones that were changed because an impact was put to it and broke off. That’s reality.

I will consider making the much smaller market L/H lug nut based on the sales of the R/H lug nuts. Coming to a conclusion that “you’ll sell more if the left was available also” is not realistic so I’m planning for all R/H out of the box and none will have the “L”. Since MOPAR has released lug nuts that are correct except for the nipple, that also kills a big portion of the market for all the lug nuts for customers that don’t care about the nipple. Makes no sense to have a pair with out them, go figure.

I’m projecting the selling price for a complete set of R/H around the $95 range and if we decide to do the L/H that price will increase per set for obvious reasons.

I’ve been into these old MOPARS way to long to be convinced that there is this big market for L/H lug nuts to justify making them. All of us hanging around MOPARTS, might represent 1% of the market and we tend to be the 2%’ers that demand absolute correct parts, going so far as to pulling out micrometers to check reproduction parts for correctness. Myself included.

I truly hope I’m wrong about this, I’m about as anal about “correct” as the next guy, however, this is a profit based company and we have to be very careful where the money is invested.