Quote:

Quote:

Several of my cars still have left hand studs and mismatched lug nuts with subtle differences. I would buy both left and right sets. As far as making right hand stamped with an L, that would be a big mistake IMO.

Not worth the confusion for the few show cars that would want them. If you're not showing your car then it doesn't matter if they have an "L" on them or not and if it did matter and correct LH lug nuts with an honest "L" on them were available the show guys would buy them anyway.

MikeR

Originally I was FOR your idea to label the RH nuts with an L, but the above post really makes sense.

I'd suggest checking into making the LH nuts & studs to see IF it's financially feasible. How many pre-orders would you need for the go ahead? I'm not interested in any myself, but it sounds like a lot of other people are. If they buy 5 sets at a time like some of them have offered, you might get your pre-orders pretty fast.

IF the money doesn’t work out for the LH nuts & studs, then I’d suggest going ahead with your original plan of stamping RH nuts with an L. Along with that, I’d suggest selling them separately from the RH nuts without the L in bags of 5 or 10. This way a person can order all RH if they want, OR the show guys that care can get some marked with an “L”.

I’m not fond of the LH threads myself, but I’d sure buy 20 of the RH thread nuts with the “pimple”, especially if the price was comparable to what mopar is currently selling their nuts for.

How much does an original LH lug nut go for these days anyway?

When I finally get around to swapping my 70 RoadRunner over to all RH threads, should I ebay my LH stuff instead of throwing it in the trash can?

Tav