A portion from the article:
Those who lose their insurance may have to join the California FAIR Plan, the state's insurer of last resort. Besides being expensive, Susman said that program has become so overwhelmed with applicants that it can now take weeks just to get a quote. And plan operators say one big wildfire could throw the whole thing into insolvency. There simply aren't many good options for homeowners in high-risk areas.

"When I say they have few choices, I'm being kind! Some may literally have no choices. If they're too large for the California FAIR Plan, then they're going to have to talk with a broker to try to get a policy that could be through Lloyds of London," said Susman. "And we could be looking at premiums -- without exaggerating -- of 30, 40, 50 thousand dollars a year! Outrageous! But that's exactly what you expect to see when there's no competition, right?"

But he said there could be hope for the future. The state is looking to change regulations that would allow insurers to price policies on a home-by-home basis, something that's not currently allowed. Susman says that should attract insurers back to the market, allowing them to assess risk on more factors than just a zip code.

Nothing FAIR about what's going on out there and I chose the colored text for a reason twocents

I will also comment in my experience, Ca. is a "TEST Bed" for new scams by the big boys down mad

Last edited by TJP; 04/28/24 10:44 PM.