Five years ago I signed up with Mint Mobile after becoming very frustrated when Verizon cut way back on their third party tower sites to create the cash flow needed to fund their 5G equipment.

Mint Mobile has been great in customer service. When my home internet cable got cut a surprisingly quick call to Mint Service let me switch to their unlimited data plan by simply reducing the months remaining -no cash payment and instant upgrade. Data speed is 100 mps up and down. Unlimited WIFI Hotspot ability and I have connected multiple devices to my one old Google Pixel phone.

Just recently my normally strong signal at home dropped and another slightly longer call yielded a diagnosis that the cell tower nearest me was undergoing “maintenance” and they “embargoed” my individual phone from connecting to that one tower, which got me back to 4 bars.

When driving in the Appalachian Mountain valleys far from interstate highways I sometimes lose all signal.

The Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds recently sold Mint Mobile to T-Mobile but I have not detected any change.

The least expensive Mint Mobile plan is either at, or within $5 per month of the cheapest plan, except for the USA Gov “free plans” to low income or border crossers.

Other family members have stayed on ATT cellular for years because they have “grandfathered” family unlimited data plans.

Other cell service providers are offering free Netfix streaming service with their data plans.

I have a nephew who has used Google Fi cell service and while doing an around the world vacation last year he said it worked very well.