I worked for the telephone industry starting in 1964 as an apprentice lineman and then transfer in to customer service installing phones 15 months later. that company was a very small company that GTE of CA had bought before I was hired, They change the name to GTE while I was in the U.S. Army overseas in 1967, I went back to work for them in Sept of 1968 and thought I had got out of the Army and went to work in Marine Corp down,
They were a horrible company to work for, they thought the customer and the employees were only there for the company to suck a profit out of, they had me do illegal temporary and unsafe stuff to jury rig temporary fixes instead of taking the time to do it right and safely rant down hammer
I quit them in 1970 and went to work for another local telephone company 75 miles away called Continental telephone of CA which later became Contel pf CA. They were a excellent company to work for that had great benefits and treated the customers and employees with respect up it was a privilege to work for them up bow boogie
GTE bought them in 1991 and I was reduced in force in 1997 at the ripe old age of 52 yrs. old, I hadn't planned on retiring but with what I had saved and earned in my 401K along what their buy out was I was able to do that, retire with the buyout, and make the same amount of money per month per month up boogie devil
I still live on that money today along with some other retirement income like S.S. and a small medical pension from vehicle injury in the Army.
I'm still looking and comparing prices and service, we will see up
I'll post my results on here once I make that decision luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/25/24 10:41 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)