Originally Posted by TJP
Thanks for all the responses and support. Tank is toast frown
Out of 12 businesses 4 responded. One wanted 75.00 to come look at it, NGH, appeared to be a stat up /franchise type deal.
The other 3 were OK. One left oil and grease in the driveway, 15 minutes to clean up 🤬, Another father son team shot a price About 5-6K, would like it less of course but better than I expected.
3rd guy was referred by the guy that pumps the tank out, he showed up with copies of the plans permits etc. from when HE installed it 😲 I asked him about the warranty 🤣. he's retired now but still doing them up
We'll see how the bids are but liking the 3rd guy wink
Thanks again for listening to the whining beer

HA. HA. Saw you mentioned Medicare. I just started another post asking about prices. Being a small biz owner like you, this has become an ENORMOUS cost. Was wondering what kind of finacial relief I can expect in 4 years.

SEPTIC - live on an island in the middle of a lake on the east side of Michigan. High water table. Stoopid people we bought a nice-ish 20yo lake house from BUILT THE GIANT PAVER FRONT PORCH OVER 1/2 THE TANK. Water is leaking in somewhere; tank, crack, connections? Not gonna tear everthing to hell to find "yep, the 50yo tank THEY DIDNT REPLACE is junk" So have decided to just get a new tank now, after having the field replaced last December. Bad thing is with the new field we are nearly land locked so have called around to get a 1000gal plastic septic tank that ony weighs 400lbs and hole can be excavated but a mini excavator. Mound style field was $20k and wife and I spent all last summer resodding cause everyone was busy to do a little $10,000 job?!? Wife and I did all the back braking work between making gaskets and vending at 4 Mopar shows. We're lazy that way. The big excavator they used TORE UP the yard. Muddy trenches 6ft deep. When they were done they said "We aren't landscapers. Thats on you". This time I'll buy heavy boards or planks to drive on and ONLY one of those small excavators.

Good luck to both of us smile