Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Medical bill was paid by insurance last year. One week before a year is up, I get a bill in the mail. Insurance clawed back the money. [censored]? I call and I’m told I can’t use walk in clinics, but I can go to a walk in clinic. Yeah that was said. I try to get her to say this is an out of network issue, she refuses, says same thing about walk in clinics not covered, but I can go to a walk in clinic and it’s covered. Umkay

I check their website, place I used shows in network. I call back, different person says they are trying to update their website. Fortune 100, maybe fortune 50 company can’t get it updated, a year later? Thinking appeal them in this bs and then department of insurance complaint if that doesn’t do it. Total nonsense. Tell me it’s covered, you cover it, then decide it’s not?

Time for a letter to your state insurance commissioner. In my life I've had three encounters with insurance companies (one medical) and when it got to an impasse, after I said "Well, I'll have to see how the state insurance commissioner feels about this", suddenly their attitude changed and they became much more accomodating.

Tell me about medical bills. First wife passed from cancer in 1991 after a fifteen year battle. In 1994 three years after he death I get a bill from the hospital for $9,000 plus. Called them and told them to pound sand. They sent another bill. Told a friend at work what was happening. He said he had an aunt that worked for a billing company that handles the bill for that particular hospital. He told his aunt and I never seen another bill. Don’t know what she did.