Made a little more progress on the project. Got the oil pump installed as well as the pan. Had to order some step down studs in order to put the pan on. That was a new one for me. Studs are 5/16 in the block but the pan gasket only takes a 1/4 inch bolt. So the studs need to step down from 5/16 to 1/4.

The oil pan is a custom from Kevko. Big box pan with a tray and some baffles and a swinging door. I'm sure it is too big to fit in a car but it might fit in a boat or a truck. In any case, it should work find on the dyno. The oil pump is made by Kaase. Guess these engines had problems with busting the oil pump casting so he designed a beefy housing and had them cast. Kind of cool that he is out there solving problems by making parts.

The SB Chevy with the Moroso oil pan that is sitting behind my 521 was just run on the dyno. It made 783 hp at 7300 rpm which is the most power that we've ever seen from a SB Chevy engine. It had some windage problems so the owner is rounding up parts to hang a vacuum pump on it. Who knows, with the vacuum pump it might crack 800 hp. That is just a crazy amount of power for a small block.

IMG_2394 (Large).JPGIMG_2393 (Large).JPG