Installed height right now is 1.950 and there is a lot of room between the retainer and the rocker arm. So I can easily go 2.000 or 2.050 installed height with a different spring and retainer combo. I'll end up doing that if I have to but I'd rather not throw another $1000 at the engine before I double check everything. It just seems to be a weird conversation with Kaase. They tell me that is the spring they use with that cam (and they sell a lot of these combinations) but it is not the right spring to use with that cam according to Manley. Maybe Manley has bad info printed in their catalog but that seems odd too.

I did have this issue before with dual conical springs from Comp. They told me to use the dual conicals for a solid roller cam but the catalog says they are only 150 on the seat. We went ahead and got the dual conical springs and they measured 200 on the seat, plenty on the nose and the coil bind was just right. So the guy was right, the catalog was wrong and the springs worked great in that engine.

This is a dyno test engine for now. We'll get it sorted out on the dyno and then put it up for sale next spring. Hoping to make around 900 hp at 7000 before we're finished with it.