Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by 451Mopar
Sounds like the wrong spring for a 0.800" lift cam. 1.950" install height and 1.170" coil bind is only 0.780" lift? Do they want them installed at a higher install height like 2.00"?
I wouldn't think so as 235 seat pressure @1.950", and 535 lb/in rate seem fairly low pressures for such a large cam?
Reviewing this thread after looking at that cam card I wouldn't run so little a spring even if the valves were titanium. I'd guess it'll float the valves before 6000rpm.

We'll keep an eye on it. I've run those springs before with cams like this and haven't had an issue. I used the same spring in my old 514 dyno mule with 1.80 rocker arms and it pulled past 7000 rpm without any issue. That engine had Jesel rocker arms and 7/16 dual taper pushrods. This engine has T&D rockers and the same pushrods. The pushrods are literally the same ones. I sent them back to Smith Bros and had them cut down and replaced the cup with a ball. Saved me $400 over a set of new pushrods.
I have about $3000 worth of pushrods in a drawer, so I reuse pushrods whenever possible! Mopar ones can be cut down to work in most any other engine since RB blocks are so tall.