Originally Posted by AndyF
Figured the top end was ready to go together but discovered that the Cometic gaskets that Kaase recommended overhang into the combustion chambers. They said use 4.500 bore gaskets which seemed safe with a 4.390 bore size, but the chambers in the head are so big that the gasket overhangs near the exhaust valve. Evidently Kaase runs it that way but the engine builder I'm working with said to order new gaskets. So I got a set of 4.600 gaskets ordered from Summit.

If I get a chance to do another engine I think I'll buy the 4.500 bore block from Ford and build a 4.500 x 4.500 engine with the same exact heads. Be interesting to see the comparison between the two. The Ford blocks are available for $3900 which seems like an okay price.
A few things here just seem ODD with the advice coming out of Kaase. I don't know how many "Ford" people builds there are to gage the success on what seems to be bad direction. But I'd be doing the things you are despite recommendations otherwise. I've seen some of the pieces here and there and appreciate the packages and prices Kaase offers so, I like you are sharing this build. There are engine build things that translate to any platform. I'd be curious to know actual NET lift as well to see where the springs are from c/b. Can you share the entire cam profile to gage its intensity?