Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Originally Posted by gregsdart
Preditors versus B1? It must be a given the predators could be set up with superior hp potential, yet still run a cam that won't beat everything to death. Also the non paired exhaust is a big benefit i would think, keeping heat more even between the center cylinder exhausts promoting better valve seal. What goals do you have for power, engine size, rpm range? I am guessing a predator motor could be set up to have 1100 hp and yet still have reasonable number of runs between rebuilds/ maintenance?

Thanks Wes. I really just need to get the car up and running again to learn and have some fun. These were the pieces I had long set aside when i was thinking "the fastest I'll ever want to go and afford ...8.50 chassis etc" This is your old block from the Dart FWIW. Greg, these are 440-1 Indy's that were cnc'd at Modern many years ago with 2.25" Ti valves and minor hand work. I can't get the Predators up to speed in time with new valves etc. (they need refreshening) and my current PG trans would 'cry like a little girl' if i put an 'easy on parts' Predator combo on it. It'll be legal for NA 10.5 or my local tracks 'all-motor' class which has rules that correct for different combos. The -1 combo can weight 2775 lbs at 480" I'm trying to make as much power as i can with the parts I have, I don't care how high it has to RPM. Speaking of cams I can't find anyone with a wedge 55mm 4/7 swap so, I'll be running this 'less than ideal' cam that has no additional material for regrinding. It only has a .480" lobe on it so, that will be one bottle-neck.

LOL. Nice! That motor's pieces have quite a few new adoptive parents! Good luck with it!!!

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein