I planned to retire end of this year. BUT after a meeting with an advisor this past spring . Ive decided to wait till end of Sept 2023 ( exactly one year from today)
I would have been leaving far to much money on the table to go before being vested in the Arizona Retirement pension and that happens 1st week of Sept 2023

I MIGHT push retirement to the end of 2023,,,,MIGHT. ................................ aka " doubt it ."
My wife is 10 years younger than I am so she has at approx 10 years and is socking money away in her retirement fund as fast as she can.

I turned 63 last Monday . And there is no way in hades Im waiting till 66 and a half. I feel like Im already much closer to the end than I am the beginning . Ive lost 34 friends on the past 12 months . Youngest one was this past spring and he only 52 .

It taught me live for today , as NONE of us are guaranteed tomorrow

A buddy of mine retired TODAY
Actually it was yesterday, he went in today to sign paperwork and turn in his security badge etc etc and went back home a free man
My money is one it was the best drive in his life .

There is no one answer as to when someone should retire.

Odds are against men to push it off much past early 60s . Odds are a man will not live long enough to regain what he lost by waiting.
Women is a different story